Saturday 5 April 2014

Nuit de Hack Quals - 2014 Carbonara

This was easy and i actually over thought it..
Question :

the ciphertext was : "%96 7=28 7@C E9:D 492= :D iQx>A6C2E@C xF=:FD r26D2C s:GFDQ]"

My first approach:
substitution by looking at asciitable.com

":" - "i"
"D" - "s"

after which with the help of this (which i just guessed as it was a 2 letter string and my guess was it would be "is")
decoding which i got
THE FLAG FOR THIS CHAL IS "iMPERATOR jULIUS cAESAR dIVUS"
i was stuck with the letter x actually..Later my friend told that it was a rot-47 :-D all my work in vain..i got the string as :
The flag for this chal is :"Imperator Iulius Caesar Divus".

Flag : Imperator Iulius Caesar Divus 

No comments:

Post a Comment

enter valid comments.Suggestions are most welcome and would be interested in correcting my mistakes.